Thursday, August 9, 2012

Supersleuth - 31 Months

So, have you ever fell in-love with a girl; like you loved everything about her and then one day you realize, you don’t know anything about her. Yet, you still crush on her hard? Yeah that’s how I feel about Supersleuth.

I honestly don’t know much about Supersleuth, except that I love them. My first introduction to the band was the All Systems Go comp.(Earthmover, Bane, Reach The Sky, Death Treat, etc. all doing covers) but never heard a full album from them. The Hate Divides 7” ended up in a record store, and without a second thought I bought it. Almost automatically I fell in love. The whole sound, the lyrics and the Chain of Strength cover was just a bonus.

The only back side to the band is that their Discography isn’t always easy to get ahold of. So when I finally found the first full length , I was pretty excited. Now, going from the Hate Divides 7” to older stuff like 31 Months is a bit different, but not drastic. Later years Supersleuth sounds more refined as opposed to 31 Months, which gives more of a raw, older school punk/hardcore sound. Both sounds, I love, but once you accept Supersleuth as a whole, you’re appreciation for the band will grow.

So even if you don’t love this album, don’t give up on the band! Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ykb7q5ul0dp21bi

5 comments:

  1. Amazing band; incredibly cool dudes. Stayed with my wife and I when we lived in Boston after their show there. We played Tony Hawk on playstation all day and talked hardcore. Sadly missed, but all their stuff is a great listen. Thanks Fernando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes them so much more awesome! Sadly not enough people listen/know of them. Hope I can help change that!

      Delete
  2. Hey!
    Cool blog and cool that you put Supersleuth - 31 Months, I`ve been looking it for years.
    If you could upload other Supersleuth releases too, that would be great (I have The Hate Divides & And Still it Beats on some old tapes).

    Also, I have one zine from Serbia from early 2000`s (called Akupunkutura) and there is a really good Supersleuth story written by one of the band members, I always read it when I listen to them.

    Keep up with puting cool music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you man, i'm happy someone loves it! ha I'm in the prosscess of getting a new turn table to rip Vinyl/Tapes.

      Would very much be interested in looking at the Interview, you should scan and up it up!

      Thank you for your kind words, keep checking in for more cool stuff.

      Delete
    2. Hey!

      The thing is the Supersleuth story from the said zine is in Serbo Croatian language so I don`t think many people coud understand it outside of ex Yugoslavian countries...

      I`m looking forward to more Supersleuth stuff, keep up the good work!

      Delete