Thursday, September 6, 2012

Better Times



From my first idea of wanting to do a blog, I knew a wanted to showcase newer bands as well as rediscover old ones. One of the first bands I wanted to do was Better Times, but seeing as I am forgetful at times, I completely forgot. But no need to fear, Better Times is here. Buffalo Straight Edge in effect, Better Times brings Positive Youth Crew to the forefront.

The demo caught my eye with the artwork so I knew what I was in store for, but never did I think how good it was going to be. Almost a year later and I can still play it on constant repeat. As soon as I listened to the demo, I knew I had to jump on the Better Times train. One thing that will always bring me into a band is how well they can record with such DIY ethics. I always imagine bands just put tape recorders in the middle of a room and play, and not saying that doesn’t sound good, in fact that sound adds to some bands but it’s just a when a band can put out stuff, and a demo at that, that sounds so well produced, well it leaves me with a fairly hard boner. And Better Times have made that boner super hard with the demo.

When I was looking for a Facebook link to send my friend, I found out they had released something else. Makes me feel very dumb when I can listen to a band for months on end and never figure to add a Facebook or blog or whatever they use to keep people up dated. But right away I downloaded the Better Measures Tape. At first, I thought it was more of a digression, but after a few listens I seen how dumb that sounded. The tape stands on it’s own but when you  put both the Demo and Tape side by side, you get a feeling that Better Times could have a long lasting life as a band in the Hardcore scene, and that’s a future I can really look forward too.
https://www.facebook.com/betterxtimes

http://www.mediafire.com/?prwrbqmu950cq9c

No comments:

Post a Comment