Thursday, September 6, 2012

Desperate Measures - Never Enough Time


I’ve always wished my brother and I switched so I’d be the 80’s kid and he’d be the 90’s. I wish I could have been the teenager in the 90’s so I could be a part of that whole ear of music. Going to see bands that would one day be legends, buying records for a couple of dollars instead of a couple of hundreds of dollars. That’s where I wanted to be. But instead I was teen in the 00’s, which at first sounds crappy, until I remember how awesome early 00’s hardcore was. The decline of labels like Victory, Equal Vision didn’t matter as much when I had labels like Bridge 9 and Youngblood. So many bands come out of the late 90’s/early 00’s that now I look back, I’m happy to have got a chance to discover.
 
One of those bands is Desperate Measures. Pretty short lived, Desperate Measures were a solid band through and through, and they always had solid lyrics with solid music. I knew they had a full length out but the EP was so much cheaper, I had to get it. It may not have been love at first listen, but it grew on me. Shortly after I found enough money to actually get Ever Enough Time and once I did, I knew I found a gem.
 
Like a lot of great albums, Ever Enough Time started off with a banger, and ended with a banger. Not one second was a letdown. Short, Fast, Sweet and full with heartfelt lyrics, the album had a lot of pressed into ten short songs. Not sure if this is still in press, I’m positive you could find this somewhere at a local record store on obviously on the internet, but I figured I’d put this up so you could fall in love and then, track down every version of the vinyl you could get your hands. Sucks I never got to see them live, but videos give a good idea on how awesome they were.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment