Saturday, July 28, 2012

C.R. - C.R. 7"


I had to make this post because, well, I don’t know very much people who like this band. And seeing as the All About Friends Comp. is being re-released, and the C.R. track on there was remastered…well you can figure why I want to make this post.
Compassionate Revolution, or C.R. as they are mostly known as, was a Hardcore/Punk band from the depths of New York City. I don’t know much about this band, but not much was needed to know except that C.R. rips HARD.
This was another awesome random pick I found at a record store for like, a dollar? I don’t remember, but I remember it being really cheap. Being into Threadbare, Indecision, etc. I always knew of the All About Friends Comp. but never had it. So when I seen this record, I knew the band must have been somewhat good, and once I gave it that first spin, I was already looked up anything C.R.
This record is an amazing introduction to the band. Being pretty short lived, only Mid-late 90’s, their Discography doesn’t span as long as I wish It did. They had some cool releases, including a split with Milhouse, and being on Nothing's Quiet on the Eastern Front comp, I am somewhat surprised that more people don’t throw out C.R.’s name more often.
Most people will throw on the Powerviolence tag when you listen to C.R., but for the most part, they are able to mix other styles into it, even if it’s not for long.

Please check them, if you like, let me know if I should throw up the full length on here as well.

P.S. I threw both rips on the 7" in the file. One is a direct rip from the 7", and the other is a Remasted version, which was featured on the C.R. discography.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cx7vb02cp0lgaey

No comments:

Post a Comment