Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Reason To Believe

Plain and simple, this post goes out to Jon Bunch who passed away today. Now, by no means am I the biggest fan of Jon's whole music career but I defiantly loved a lot of songs he sang for.

When I first heard of Sense Field, It was around the time I really started to get into Post Punk/Emo/Screamo type of stuff but SF never became huge in my life like other bands. But then I heard of Jon's band before, Reason To Believe. And when I first heard the LP I was beyond stoked. For anyone who knows me, I love Melodic Hardcore/Punk stuff and RTB played exactly what i'd want a band to sound like.

Today when I first heard of the news I was taken back. Even a bit more weird, I was actually listening to SF last night while on the computer, my first time really sitting down listening to them in a few years. But I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon and post about "----" celebrity passing away. But this hits way closer to home. And as the day went on, the more I realized how much Jon actually meant to me. He was someone who I would always wanted to be. Not only the fact that he had a beautiful voice, but some of his lyrics really stuck in me. I even enjoyed his time in FSF. This is me paying homage to a man that had in impact in the Hardcore/Punk community that most might not feel today.

I may not get on this Blog as much as I would want, but I think this deserves a post. Jon deserves to be recognized. Rest in peace Jon, you will be missed.

Reason To Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment