Sunday, June 24, 2012

American Standards - American Standard Demos

American Standars and I call Arizona home, and I'm proud to call them a local band. With music that makes you rage, and a live show that makes you scared for their lives, American Standards have the making for a long lasting, powerful career.

Mixing heavy music, with thought provoking lyrics, they have alot to say about music, politics and life in general.

I was first turned onto the band by guitarst Cody, after chatting with him on DeadFormat about records ha.

When I got around to listening to A.S. I first heard 'Bottom Feeder",  and right away Everything I Die/Botch influence came to mind. As the song goes on, I got hit with a Glassjaw feeling, and I got hit hard. To add on to all that goodness, think of when you seen the circus for the first time as a young one. You had a somewhat idea of what was going on, but you loved every minute of it. That's the feeling you get when you see A.S. live.

To add on the great music and lyrics, you also get a big heart feeling from these fella's. They actually do alot of charity work around AZ, and even started the Hope For Homeless Comp., a compilation to help charities here in AZ, so you know their heart is in the right place(s).

I decied to upload their demo tracks before their first proper release comes out at the end of the month. So please make sure to pick up the new album when it comes out and follow the band on the F.B. to catch up on all things American Standards!

http://www.facebook.com/AmericanStandards

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yjw16nlrxte1ij4

No comments:

Post a Comment