Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Threadbare - Feeling Older Faster


Never did I think i'd actaully feel older as fast as I do now. Maybe Threadbare is more magical then I thought? In anycase, Minneapolis’ Threadbare are a true force of reckoned with.

Being that alot of Hardcore bands in the 90's went for more of a heavy sound, you expect to hear a somewhat familiar sound, but something about Threadbare always put them ahead of most bands in my eyes. I hope to share that with this post.

Feeling Older Faster is one hell of a record. Six (more like 5 if you don't count Confessional) songs of pure heavy sounds and beautiful lyrics. "I set this fire in my hear to-compensate for this lost-love..." The whole album flows to perfect. To the intro, from the instrumental, even the parts with no lyrics are good.

Hearing the whole thing for the first time, I knew how good this EP was. That's fairly rare, seeing as even some of the best albums, I had to listen to a few times to start an appreciation for them. Listening to 'Penicillin' go into 'Relocation Policy' is the only way to listen to those songs. And I can't even begin to express how the whole beginning of 'Relocation Policy' makes me feel! Hearing "..and don't forget...and don't forget to leave room...to eat your words....you forgot to look both ways...YEAH!!!"  All I ever wanna to is play that part on the drums everytime i hear it.

I can go on about this forever, but it's a safe to say, no matter how much anyone talks up this band (or talks down), this album will/should make you see what the hype is all about. It's somewhat sad that they have been playing random shows and I have yet to see them. I hope it doesn't turn into another Disembodied thing where they stop before i get a chance.

"...the internal-suffers, to fuel the external. BUT WHAT DOES IT BURN?!...NOTHING!!!.."

http://www.mediafire.com/?vawmgs5ic4q0xhg

1 comment:

  1. Hell yes! This is a total classic. Not sure if their reunion shows held the same fire, but they sure do deserve the recognition. Thanks Fernando!

    ReplyDelete